COVID-19 Practice Updates
Here at the Grange we are working hard to keep our patients and staff safe during the pandemic. This means that we have made some changes to the way we work. Here’s what you need to know:
Covid-19 Vaccine Update:
We kindly ask patients NOT to contact the surgery regarding the Covid vaccination unless you have had an invite and are unable to book online. Doing so may prevent people that need medical help from getting through to us. Please wait to be invited by NHS England or by your GP surgery.
For further information about the vaccine, please visit these links:
North Kirklees FAQS: https://www.northkirkleesccg.nhs.uk/news/covid-19-vaccine-frequently-asked-questions/
Greater Huddersfield FAQs: https://www.greaterhuddersfieldccg.nhs.uk/covid-19-vaccine-frequently-asked-questions/
NHS England Covid-19 Vaccination information: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/coronavirus-vaccination/coronavirus-vaccine/
Please do not attend the practice unless you have an appointment, have to hand in a sample or collect a sample container. It is no longer necessary to collect a blood test form if your appointment is at the Princess Royal. Please see the information below for further details.
If you need something there are lots of other ways to contact the practice:
If you are attending the practice for an appointment, please follow these guidelines:
- Attend the practice wearing a face covering.
- DO NOT attend the practice if you have any COVID symptoms (new cough, fever, loss of sense of taste or smell.)
- Try to be on time for your appointment, we ask that patients do not arrive too early as we will have a maximum number of patients able to be in the waiting room at once.
- Sanitise your hands using the hand gel provided and enter the practice. Follow the one-way system to check-in at the reception desk.
Collecting a blood test form, sample container, or document:
- Patients with a blood test appointment at the Princess Royal clinic do not need a form, this will be on the system when you attend for your appointment. Patients attending the HRI or children attending the Rainbow unit will still need to collect a form.
- If you must attend to collect something, please wear a face covering.
- Staff will take your details and prepare your form or sample kit.
- A member of staff will bring the form out to you.
Ordering and collecting prescriptions:
- The quickest and most efficient way to order prescriptions is via our online services. If you need to sign up, please phone or email the practice.
- Patients who do not have internet access can post a paper request through the letterbox outside the practice, send it via post or ask their pharmacy to submit a request on their behalf.
- It is no longer possible for patients to collect prescriptions from the practice, instead they are sent electronically to a pharmacy of your choice. If you would like to change or set up a pharmacy nomination, please phone or email the practice.